cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP trace log for FTPAdapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is the error log for FTPAdapter? I thinking I have an authorization or permission or some otherissue if I do archive, because I am not seeing XI picking up the files nor it did any processing to check on MONI, whereas if do select 'Delete' option for processing mode I see the files are picked up for processing and deleted. In the FTP server the directory permission for both the file directory and archive directory are the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you don't see anything in :

http://server:port/mdt/amtServlet

then you might use visual administrator

to see some more ftp logs

have a look at my weblogs to see how you can trace logs in VA

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/07/xi-why-dont-start-searching-for-all-errors-from-one-place

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,I did look at the visual admin log. This is interesting, as I was saying archive process mode failed. The log says Configuration error in File_PIP_Sender_<client>: Error creating archive directory '<myhomedir>/processed'. I am wondering if archive is the process mode then the xi adapter user(?) is trying to create the directory and failing. The directory is already available. What user in XI should have access to create file in the archive directory on ftp server?

thanks