cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP JMS provider service with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are attempting to use the JMS provider service on XI 3.0 SR1 as the messaging system. Do we have to deploy any jar files using SDM in order to utilize this service with XI JMS adapter? Are there any driver jars that an external J2EE application would have to deploy in order to access the XI JMS queue?

thanks.

James Chang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to my colleague Michael Koegel, the jar files you need for an external JMS client is sapj2eeclient.jar, jms.jar, expection.jar and logging.jar out of the j2ee/j2eeclient folder of your installation.

I did not test this configuration myself, but if your JMS receiver uses the same configuration (what you refer to as "the default configuration") as if you were to configure it in XI, you need not make any change.

Wallace

Former Member
0 Kudos

James:

The supported JMS providers in XI 3.0 are listed in the document, i.e., WebsphereMQ JMS and SonicMQ JMS. Other 3rd party JMS providers can be configured via the generic configuration options (either through JNDI access method or direct), however, you are running risks of whether it works (if at all). For example, if you configure to use TIBCO's JMS provider, certain features provided by TIBCO EMS is not supported in XI configuration.

In all cases, you have to deploy additional jars from those foreign JMS providers to XI to make it work. The tpyes of jar files you need are documented in XI documentation in the case of Sonic or WebsphereMQ JMS, but for others, you need to refer to those JMS providers' documentation.

From the perspective of an external J2EE app, if what you mean by "external" is using an external J2EE app server, then yes, you need to provide the same jars and go through their specific configurations to make it work with the JMS providers you use. If you are simply using the SAP J2EE engine, which is installed as part of the XI installation, you are fine there.

Hope that helps,

Wallace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wallace,

Thanks for your response. We are not using a third party JMS provider. We want to use SAP's own JMS provider service that comes with the J2EE engine. What are the jar files that we have to provide to an standalone J2EE application (running on a non-SAP application server) in order to use SAP's JMS provider service? Also do we have to change the default configuration in JMS receiver communication channel in order to use SAP JMS provider?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. But these links are not relevant for the JMS provider service delivered as part of SAP J2EE engine. Has anyone used JMS provider service that comes with Netweaver? Greatly appreciate if you can provide information on how to deploy and consume this service in XI JMS adapter.

thanks.

James