cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC & BAPI Scenrio Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please share your inputs about my scenrio..

There is 3 validations in my scenrio:

In target side I should validate some conditions based on my input..those are:

1. Validate customer existance check

if 'yes

2. Customer Update

if 'no'

3. Customer Create

please let me know how to approach in XI point of view.

My sender system is JDBC and receiver system is BAPI(SAPR/3)

It would be appreciated ..if you give logical steps about this scenrio..

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to create with in one scenrio?

2. Does it required BPM?

Thank you,

Regards..rambarki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rambarki-

Here is one way to do this by avoiding BPM.

1) Create a wrapper RFC function module in your R/3 system say 'Z_CUSTOMER_CREATE' which has same import/export/tables structure as BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATEFROMDATA1.

2) Inside 'Z_CUSTOMER_CREATE', first call BAPI_CUSTOMER_CHECKEXISTENCE. If customer is available call BAPI_CUSTOMER_CHANGEFROMDATA1 else call BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATEFROMDATA1. Remember to commit.

Hope this helps.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks KK,

but already we have different BAPIs for Create Customer and Check Customer. So we have to use these two for implement this scenrio.

please let me if have any other idea?. probably that would help for me..

Regards..Rambarki!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rambarki-

If I understood you right, even if you use different BAPIs for create/check customer, you still can create a wrapper module in the target R/3 system and within this wrapper function module, you can use these BAPIs.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats fine..KK

and Is it possible for create wrapper module for RFC together BAPI. because right now we are using Custom developed RFC for Customer Creation and Updation, for Customer Existance check ..we are using default bapi ..BAPI_Customer_ExistanceCheck.

Its really appreciated if you provide steps for create wrapper module, because i dont have much idea about BAPI and RFCs.

Thank you for sparing your valuble time.

Regards..rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rambarki-

Yes it is possible. Infact BAPIs are inturn RFC module themselves.

You have to create a 'Z' function module in SE37 and in this module call your customer creation BAPI or customer update BAPI using CALL FUNCTION statement. You would use function module BAPI_CUSTOMER_EXISTANCE_CHECK to check if the customer already exists and suitably decide whether to call the create or update module.

Thanks

KK

Answers (0)