cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's relationship between System Landscape and Transport Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am confused two terms in TMS. One is System Landscape, the other is Transport Group.

A system landscape consists of SAP Systems that are linked by transport routes.

A transport group consists of SAP System sharing the same transport directory.

As we know, a transport domain consists of one or more transport groups. And each transport domain can communicate through domain link or external system.

My question is whether system landscape consists of transport groups, or transport group consists of system landscape, or other relationship?

Please advise. Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transport group consists of system landscape

Regards

Deepu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

System landscape contains few systems (for example , Protype, Dev , QAS and PRD ) .

These system are grouped under one transport group,normally, In other words under one domain controller.

Suppose , if you want to establish a domain link between two landscapes , for example, to do import of transport requests via solution manager .Here , the product system landscape and solution manger landscape will be linked.

Solution mamager systems ( for example , DEV, QAS and PRD ) will be grouped under one transport group .

BCD DOMAIN_BCD GROUP_BCD

BCP DOMAIN_BCD GROUP_BCD

BCQ DOMAIN_BCD GROUP_BCD

CSD DOMAIN_CSD GROUP_CSD

CSM DOMAIN_CSD GROUP_CSD

Here , BCD, BCQ and BCP are BW/SEM BCS landscapes and CSM and CSD are solution manger landscape systems.

BCD, BCQ and BCP belongs to GROUP_BCD transport group

CSM and CSD belongs to GROUP_CSD transport group.

There is domain link between these system landscapes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you said, there is domain link between these system landscapes, and refer to this sentence "system landscape consists of SAP Systems that are linked by transport routes", I am still confused about this.

There is a link between two domains, and each domain consists of transport groups, that is, there is transport route between two domains, so, can we consider that two domains are in one system landscape because there is a link (or route) between these domains. Since domain consists of transport groups, how to understand this in the reply "Transport group consists of system landscape"? In my opinion, system landscape consists of transport groups.

Please advise. Thanks.

James

Edited by: Yu Hui Hu on Jun 11, 2008 4:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advise. Thanks