cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for displaying Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have developed an application with interactive form ui element(Adobe). When I deployed the application I was not able to see it initially but after the installation of ACF I am able to see it perfectly(thanks to Arafat in this forum). Now, I just want to know what are the end user requirements in order to be able to see the application on their end. My queries are:

1. What are the end-user requirements in order to see these adobe interactive forms?

2. What is the native type in interactive forms UI element and what does it do(if I set type as native)? In which version this native type is available. I am using 2.0.9 version right now(I have 7.0 version too) but I was unable to find this type in any of them.

3. Does the user requires the installation of ACF in order to view this adobe form once deployed on their server?

4. What is the minimum version of Adobe that needs to be available at the client machine in order to be able to view this interactive form?

I hope I am clear with what my doubts are. It's a bit urgent . Helpful answers will be appreciated with reward points.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Bhardwaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harman/Arafat,

Thanks, I got the thing I was looking for. Your answers were reallly helpful. I was using the NWDS version 2.0.9, also I tried the version 7.0.0 but was unable to find the displayType property. Now I have checked the version 7.0.13 and was able to find this thing over there. Thanks a lot. Please take care.

Regards,

Gaurav Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Here are answers to your queries:

1: End User Requirements -

If you are using activex controls:

- Adobe Reader 7.x or above and when using ver 8, then 8.1 & above

- ACF Installed

If you are using Adobe Native Controls:

- No need for ACF

- Adobe Reader 8.1.x or above

2: You can find native type nder displaytype property of Interactive form UI elemen. If you are using the nativ type, then it makes the ZCI.

3: Yes, if you are using ActiveX components in your form, then you need ACF

4: 8.1 or above is best... 7.x will also do but there may be some instances where 7 wouldnt work

Hope this resolves your issues.

Regards,

Arafat

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please see the link below for client PC requirements:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/73/852854f9d6418b9574dab0d321d258/frameset.htm

regards,

-harman