cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Adobe Forms from WDA - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to print Adobe form directly from WDA. I am using report program to do the following process

1. FP_JOB_OPEN to call the default windows printer and using

2. FM to call Adobe form and

3. FP_CLOSE_Job.

In the User profile we have set output device as LOCL.

When we run this report from Sapgui the spool request is generated and SAPLDP popup window is displayed. Status of Spool is set to Completed.

But when i call from WDA spool request are generated but the status show 'frontend printer not found'. Kindly suggest me the ways to print a form from WDA. Is their any other way to Print?

- RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Simple solution - don't use Printer LOCL. You can't use any frontend printing from Web Dynpro. The Frontend printing requires a connection to the SAPGUI in order to function. It is completely useless from Web Dynpro. You must choose a backend based printer.

The other option would be to display the form in the InteractiveForm UI element and let people use the Adobe Acrobat Toolbar to print the form on the client side. You won't have any programatic control over this, but it is the only way to use a client side printer setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. Can you specify in detail what is Backend printer and how to print from WDA.

Another quick question Is it possible to make connection to Sapgui from WDA first and then start printing job.

RK.