cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro development for portal integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

our requirement is to run the adoe interactive form in enterprise portal and store the entered data in SAP system.

Can i develop in NWDS (call LIfecycle designe inside) and create webdynpro object by selecting new project as

1) webdynpro project or

2) development component project and type as webdynpro and select domain is Enterprise portal etc.,

which one is correct way for webdynpro development and deploy in . If I select the 2nd option, how to deploy it.

Please advise

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You can either develop a webdynpro project or development component project.

Even if you select the second option also you will deploy the application as you do with webdynpro project.

You better develop a Development component becauseDevelopment components (DCs) are a central part of the SAP Java Development Infrastructure. When you create a DC, a Java application is prepared for a possible integration into the Java infrastructure. This also applies to the Java Web Dynpro application; a Web Dynpro DC project is thus a special DC project. In a DC, you can define public parts for the cross-project reuse of entire application parts.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jhansi..

Both the way, after getting deployed at the server side, anybody know how to call this on portal side.. When I was trying to create a iView and call the deployed webdynpro component, I could not see it in the list of webdynpro components

It is supposed to portal content-> create iview-> webdynpro (selected)-> list of webdynpro components - i can see local and sap.com webdynpro components, not the one I have deployed from NWDS

am i missing anything?

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is your portal running on same J2EE server? If it is so then go to portal server http://<servername>:<portno>/irj

Go to Content Administrator -> Portal Contents.

1. Create a new iView using Web Dynpro Java Application Template.

2. Choose one of the two available formats of application variants.(Default is recommended)

3. Choose your project package under which you have developed application.

4. Select your component application name.

5. Maintain iView properties.

Follow further guidelines and you will be able to create an iview

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

EP7:

Expand the local and sap.com webdynpro components.

You will see your WebDynpro DC in "sap.com" which is the default vendor while creating a DC.

After you found the DC select an application and follow the other steps to create an iView.

If it is WebDynpro Project then you can see that in local.

If you are using EP6 then follow the document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3e36d690-0201-0010-cd99-bfbb81bd...

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala