cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type selection for production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a question about the inspection type selection for a production order.

I have 2 inspection types with inspection origin 04.

Z04: receipt of production in QI stock

ZD4: receipt of production in UU stock

Both types are NOT flagged as "preferred inspection type" in the material master.

In have 2 production order types:

ZP01

ZP02

For ZP01 I have in the order dependent settings Z04 as inspection type

For ZP02 I have in the order dependent settings ZD4 as inspection type

But still for both types he is selecting ZD4 and receiving everything in UU stock.

Did I missed a setting? I have the impression that the field "inspection type" in the order dependent settings is doing nothing...

Somebody has advice? It would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan De Ridder,

If the preferred inspection type is not maitained in the material master then check in the config(Quality management>Quality inspection>Inspection lot creation--->Maintain inspection lot origins & assign inspection types) which inspection type is maintained against varaint 01 for 04 inspection lot origin,i think thats the reason why the same inspection type is picked up for two order types

The setting maintained in the order type will be effective only for 03 ins lot origin as said in point 1 below

Pls check the below info from sap help(f1)

Point 1 & 3 will be of your concern

You can define several inspection types for an inspection lot origin in Customizing and activate them in the inspection setup for the material. The system chooses an active inspection type during inspection lot creation based on the following order:

1. The inspection type is determined using a special rule. It can be determined, for example, for inspection lot origin 01 from the quality infomation record, or for inspection lot origin 03 from the order type.

2. If there is no special rule and the indicator "Preferred inspection type" is set, the system chooses this preferred inspection type for the corresponding inspection lot origin.

3. If the indicator "Preferred inspection type" is not set for any of the inspection types for the inspection lot origin, the system chooses the inspection type that was assigned to the inspection lot origin in Customizing as variant 01.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

SVP