cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integerate BEx query with Portal (Java)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I installed SAP Netweaver 2004s Sneak Preview ABAP+JAVA , Stack 9 for Linux with VMWare test drive. I have configured and enabled BW/BI in Netweaver. I have also configured SLD and its Status is "running" in J2EE engine.

I designed one simple BI application through Tcode: RSA1, and then created Query for data analysis thruogh Query Designer. How can I establish the link between AS ABAP with AS JAVA to publish the query on portal. I want to use BEx Report designer and Web Application Designer, but I can't execute the result on the portal from these designer tools.

Do I need to create RFC destination on both sides ABAP and JAVA, but how , anyone can give an example for the required procudure.

thanks.

Obaid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Please check this ,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0a5216a-349c-2a10-9baf-9d479734...

about Integration of SAP BI 7.0 and SAP EP 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all of you, Venkatramani Hariharan , with the help of your given link I am able to to apply the part of the configuration from the document as described by the writer.

But on Step No. 6 : Step 6: Import BW Certificate to the Portal

Under Step 6:

I succeeded to complete first 6 steps but from step 7 , author guided me to continue in Visual Administrator and choose <SID>/Server<#>/Services/Security Provider

- Under Component, choose Ticket.

- Choose the Authentication tab page.

- Change the options for com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.EvaluateTicketLoginModule and enter the following values:

trustedsys<Number>=<BW_SID>, <BW_CLIENT> (for example, BWP, 000)

u2022

trustediss<Number>=<ISSUER_DISTINGUISHED_NAME> (z. B. CN= BWP, OU=SAP Web AS, O=SAP Trust Community, C=DE)

u2022

trusteddn<Number>=<SUBJECT_DISTINGUISHED_NAME> (z. B. CN= BWP, OU=SAP Web AS, O=SAP Trust Community, C=DE)

But in the window all the modification button(s) are disbale like "Modify", "Remove", "Add New".

So, Is there any way to make those enable to apply the changes. Please help me in this context.

thanks

Obaid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be an authorization issue in portal.

check this again ,

Prerequisites

u2022

BI administrators require authorization for transactions SM59, SMGW, RZ10, STRUSTSSO2, SM30 (table RSPOR_T_PORTAL) and, in some circumstances, STMS.

u2022

Portal Administrators need to have the portal roles super_admin_role and com.sap.ip.bi.business_explorer_showcase assigned to them. They also need to have access to the Portal file system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obaid,

check this blog

/people/rahul.urs2/blog/2008/02/18/the-cloak-and-dagger-about-portal-and-bi-connectivity

to establish connectivity between BI and portal.

once you do this you need to create Bex iview to publish the report in portal

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/88/3c1640d4642402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

reward points if helpful