Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRO Display!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to restrict the a user by creating a role so that he can have spro display authorisation...How to do that??

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Souren Sharma

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How to do that??

Entering the words spro and display in the forum search engine will give you plenty suggestions. This is a frequently asked question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souren,

I agree with Jurjen. There are many threads here already on creating SPRO roles and display only ones and the question is often asked, but there is to my knowledge no single resolved thread which nicely explains how to go about it and what to consider. I have been looking for this for the FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

My recommendation would be to invest an hour or so to search for terms such as "SPRO_ADMIN", the names of the tables which define the relation between the customizing objects and the IMG tcodes, some notes on SPRO and S_TABU_DIS, and object S_PROJECT. "Delivery classes" are another term you might want to consider for starting a search on customizing settings and their current values. There are also some usefull SAP notes around the topic.

Perhaps if you could post what you can put together for your display requirement, then a discussion around the available approaches and things to consider would be easier. If it is a good one, I will add it to the FAQ sticky thread!

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> There are many threads here already on creating SPRO roles and display only ones and the question is often asked, but there is to my knowledge no single resolved thread which nicely explains how to go about it and what to consider. I have been looking for this for the FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

>

Good point.

How about a list of often asked but seldom answered questions in your sticky? For the "unanswerables" we could at least give a reason for the missing answer.....

0 Kudos

Okay, okay... I'll stop lazing about here in the afternoon sun, waiting for the soccer to start.

I managed to find one which was resolved and contained many usefull infos, and added it (including a New! indicator).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Select the objects S_IMG_ACTV and S_IMG_GENE

2. Also select S_TABU_DIS and S_TABU_CLI

3. Only make sure that S_IMG_ACTV is set to change and S_TABU_DIS is set to display only

4. Give * for u201CTransaction Code Check at Transaction Startu201D

0 Kudos

>

> 1. Select the objects S_IMG_ACTV and S_IMG_GENE

> 2. Also select S_TABU_DIS and S_TABU_CLI

> 3. Only make sure that S_IMG_ACTV is set to change and S_TABU_DIS is set to display only

> 4. Give * for u201CTransaction Code Check at Transaction Startu201D

If you do that, NEVER combine with any other roles