cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PI systems talking to single ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to connect more than one PI system to ECC? If yes, what are the configuration steps?

ECC 6.0 has only one client (100).

Or, is this an alternative approach?

PI1 -> PI2 -> ECC

Thanks.

-JJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please reward points if it helps

Can a PI system support more than one SAP ERP system??? - yes

If so, is there special configuration in order to avoid collisions of some kind??? - just have all your sap systems in your SLD as Web as ABAP type.........make the respective comm channels in ID and SM59 connections by giving correct data......then you can have a PI system connected to any number of SAP ERP systems.

Regarding your SLDCHECK error, it is not because of adding another ERP, it can happen if you are pointing to an incorrect SLD so use transaction SLDAPICUST to see if you are accessing the correct SLD............ask your basis guys to resolve your SLDCHECK error.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

My question is whether it is possible to have 2 PI/XI connects to one ECC.

--JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Yeah,its possible to have multiple PI systems talk to same ECC.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please reward points if it helps

Question: whether it is possible to have 2 PI/XI connects to one ECC.

Answer: You can do it. You may not use target system in sld and install the same products on development and quality. But you shouldn't. You should connect your dev to dev, qua to qua and prod to prod. In other case you are losing control.

I'd strongly advice you to set up quality XI.

Check Configuration Guide-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ac6de690-0201-0010-54ac-892...

Good discussion-

Question: Possible to connect multiple R3/Systems to one XI/PI?

Answer:You can connect multiple SAP R/3 clients with one XI client . You need to configure IR and ID seperately and also create Business systems in SLD for different clients in SAP R/3 .

I hope you understood. Please reward points

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can connect the Multiple XI/PI systems to single ECC.

Make note, while dealing with the ABAP proxies, it will refer to single XI/PI system at a time.

Refer the similar discussion

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarup. Your response and the link answered my question.

Now I need to look for star topology implementation of XI (One central XI talks to multiple XI instances, similar to Hub and spoke). Any comments?