cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove the date format validation done by the UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a date field which is an input field for Dateof Birth. User can either select from the calendar or enter his own date. If the user enters invalid date format'(032342525') something like this, when we move to the next tab the column turns to Red and it displays a message saying that date is not a valid date. I wanted to validate that on Save instead of tab click.

Can anyone of you tell me how can we remove this date format validation in Java Webdynpro.

Thankyou for your time and consideration!

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Short Answer: No, you can't change that behavior for good!

Long Answer: If you really want to disable validation, change that datatype from "date" to "string". Then users will not have date picker control. You can do custom validation at the later stage.

What is your use case do change standard validation?

Cheers,

~kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for your reply. I cannot the change the date type to string bcas the users need date picker to select the date. The problem I am having is once the format is wrong and the UI validates, though the other fields are entered by the user the application returns error saying that the required field are not entered.

And also I am having multiple containers in my view set and for all other error messages I am using a popup to display the messages and this only error is shown at the bottom of the page which the users does'nt like.

Is there any way I can identify that format error occured before it throws on the UI screen??

Regards,

Madhavi