cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Installation J2EE detection Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When installing Solution Manager 4.0 it stopping at phase "START JAVA ENGINE". The error in "dev_jcontrol" work process is as follows

[Thr 1708] Wed Jun 04 12:15:51 2008

[Thr 1708] *** ERROR => JStartupIGetJDKInfo: Cannot find Java class file [./JdkDetection_1728.class]. [jstartxxi.c 994]

[Thr 1708] *** ERROR => can't get JDK information (rc = -1) [jstartxxi.c 1240]

[Thr 1708] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => JDK Detection failed.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'JDK detection issues'

• for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 1708] *** ERROR => can't read bootstrap node properites (rc=-1) [jcntrxx.c 1282]

[Thr 1708] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = -1)

[Thr 1708] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode = -1)

I am using the correct java SDK as per SAP--> j2sdk1.4.2_16-x64 (WIndows X64/SQL 2005)

Please help

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sapinst stopped at step 35 (or 36) - "Start Java engine"

jcontrol would not start and dev_jcontrol shows this error message - "JdkDetection_nnnn.class not found"

Our environment:

Windows 2003

Oracle 10.2.0.4

Solution Manager 7.01 EhP1 SR3

JDK - 1.4.2_24 rev-b06

JAVA_HOME=D:\java\j2sdk1.4.2_24

ORACLE_HOME=D:\oracle\SID\102

SAPEXE=D:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

checked SAP notes:

943602 Analysis of errors within the startup of J2EE Engine 7.0

940893 Analysis of errors within the startup of J2EE Engine 6.40

718901 How to change the JDK of the J2EE Engine

817991 Startup Framework fails when starting a JLaunch process

741289 Profile parameters of the J2EE Engine are lost

943498 J2EE Engine does not start 6.40 and 7.0

There were some solutions that suggested giving "ALL" permissions to the SIDADM and SAPServiceSID users to the disk drives that we are installing the software on - we did that as well, but it did not help us. Java engine won't just start. jcontrol would just die with the same error.

After spending enormous number of hours sifting through very few documents found on this error - I got fed up and here is what I did when I got the "JdkDetection_nnnn.class not found" error:

1. Logged in to the server as SIDADM

2. Opened a windows command prompt

3. ran this command -- jcontrol pf=D:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\profile\SID_DVEBMGS00_hostname

4. waited for 15mins

5. Restarted sapinst

6. Continued successfully

I am thinking that jcontrol was having a difficult time to start for the first time at Step 35 (or 36) during sapinst. When I started it on the command line with just the profile as the parameter - it pulled in all the required configuration from the database and started the dispatcher and server successfully. After that - installation went on smoothly.

Hope this helps.

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I was able to resolve our issue. While my solution may not be the same as your issue, i felt it was necessary to post what solved out issue anyway. One of the worst thing about these posts is that no one ever seems to post what solved the issue.. so here goes...

in the default.pfl file, the j2ee/dbhost was assigned a different db server. Once we changed this to point to the right db server, everything began to work fine.

Maybe this will help you or give you a new direction.

Good luck guys and thanks for those who responded.

Chao,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK fans...

I just found out a little more on the setup of the system that I'm having this problem on:

it seems that this is a distributed installation, DB on a server within the company's domain while the CI/app server is located on a server that resides outside of the domain. They have gone through a bunch of hoops to get the two computers to talk (eg. we can connect to the SQL database and see the tables, etc using the enterprise manager (SQL Server); however, when the system tries to start (during the install) it errors out with the same error as illustrated above.

I know that SAP doesn't support this kind of setup and i"ve made the people here aware of this; however, I would still like to see if this situation may be the same as you guys have experienced.

THanks,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thanks for your response; however, we are using version 1.4.2_19 (the latest) and are on an x86 platform.

Any other thoughts?

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone ever get a resolution to this error... I'm seeing the same thing.

thanks

Eric

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.4.2_18 on x64 has a documented problem - see note 716604 - Access to Sun J2SE and recommended J2SE options

use 1.4.2_17

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have exactly the same error using the same environment: Windows 2003 64bits, SQL2005, j2sdk1.4.2_18-x64.

Any help ?

Regards.

Arnaldo Calçada.

holger_mundhahs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

as recommended in note 940893 please verify the environment variable JAVA_HOME?

Please also check your instance profile parameter "jstartup/vm/home" for the correct value.

Regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JAVA_HOME and the profile parameter bot set to correct path

regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u Paste the O/P of the sapinst.log file & sapinst_dev.log file??

Rgds,

Abhijeet K