cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install ABAB stack after a JAVA only install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if I can install the ABAB stack after allready doing a Java only install. We are in the porcess of upgrading our EP5 Portal to a NW04 portal version. In EP5, the unification technology for web-gui is on a separate server were-as in NW04 it is integrated into the ABAB stack during an Add-In" installtion. The problem is that I allready did a JAVA only install and I now need the the unifier capability in the portal.

Any suggestions ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen and all the others in this message,

The only install options are:

Install Abap only

Install Java only

Install Abap+Java add-in

So it's not possible to add a Abap install to a Java only installation. SAPInst has no options for this. Also rewriting all the startup scripts and stuff will be more work than just doing a new install Abap+Java add-in.

Best regards,

Hay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate.

have you done this before. I looked at some of te install guides and did not find any warnings or information leading me to believe that it would not work. At the same time there does not seem to be an install document which outlines how to do an ABAB component install if you already have the Java component installed.

Do you where to find this information ?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant installing an additional portal should work. I don't think that installing an ABAP stack after the Java stack would work and even if it did I doubt that SAP would support it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Helmut, I was afraid of that answer but knew that was an option. Having said that and given that we are already at the QA stage of our portal upgrade, I am thinking it might be an option to install a secondary NW AS with the ABAB stack installed and try to use that via the Portal to get the web gui hooked into R/3 ?? What do you think of that option???

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it should work.

former_member441228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I don't think it's going to work as the filesystem layout and names of scripts are different; instead of loosing an unpredictable amount of time twisting scripts it's probably faster and more reliable if you install from scratch. Otherwise, if you run into support issue you'll always have to face questions about the installation looking unfamiliar, eventually not getting support at all

as this setup is not validated by SAP.

helmut