cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Java ini files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello~

I'm having trouble creating configuration files for SAP GUI for Java. Comparing it with ini files for SAP GUI for Windows it does seem somewhat different.

I remember there was a topic here about similar problem, but cannot find it via search. I think on that topic it was mentioned that it's impossible to convert Win ini files to ini files for Java, did anything change in the meantime? Any help would be welcome, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

doing a search for "java configuration" in this forum with date range "all" will show you many threads discussing the configuration of SAP GUI for Java .

The one which you might be interested in particular is [Configure SAP GUI for Java|;.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. In the meantime I solved the problem and it was an embarrassing one - I kept choosing the system before choosing the router first (like in SAP Gui for Windows), which resulted in constant message server errors, making me think my message server setup was faulty. Of course, I had to choose router first and after that everything was fine.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to admit that the user interface of this dialog is not self explaining. For using it, knowing the context and/or reading the documentation available by the "Help" button is required.

Ideally, this dialog is not required to be used by the end user, instead they should click on the predefined entires (by admin) from the list on the SAP logon window. This is why centrally managed configuration is offered (see chapter 7.1 of the documentation).

Best regards

Rolf-Martin