cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest check in virtual user group

RSchmerbauch
Participant
0 Kudos

Members of the extended SAP on i technical team from SAP and IBM often participate in several SAP on i user groups around the world.

We know there are many more SAP on i clients out there that would appreciate a live discussion with IBM and SAP and other clients using SAP on i, but for whatever reason have not been able to join one of the existing users groups or make a visit to Rochester or Walldorf.

The SAP on i technical team is considering the idea of creating a virtual users group. Meetings would be held 3 or 4 times a year. We have not yet decided upon a format - teleconference,

webinar and podcast are options - but we need to have some idea of the interest level first.

Discussions could include things such as

-new announcements for Power and IBM i and what they mean in an SAP environment from a technical perspective.

- more detailed technical topic education like Java tuning, HA solution options with IASP and SAN, Single signon discussion.

- client experiences with certain technologies

We'd like to get the community to participate in setting the agenda - IBMers and SAPers can be resources.

If you would be interested in participating in something like this, please reply to this thread. Please include topics that you'd be most interested in. Know that the SDN moderator may pass your email address along to me. We hope to know if and how we'll approach this in a few weeks depending on the responses we get.

Thanks,

Ron Schmerbauch

Technical team lead for SAP on i - IBM Rochester.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

RSchmerbauch
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all for your interest. I am still working on the logistics to set this up. You will get a direct email when we have something figured out. Thanks again, Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

I'm sure you know I'm interested. I'd also like to add backup and/or HA replication recommendations for IFS with the new netweaver 7 products.

Perhaps a discussion of the most interesting PTF's that are available could be useful.

Thanks,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be interested in this virtual user group. Especially from an iseries management perspective to improve areas such as:

- performance tuning.

- infrastucture design to maximize us of the iseries.

- HA solution assistance.

- Backup's.

Thanks,

Eddie

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would be interested. Sounds like a good idea.

Regards,

Ingrid Funken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

I would be insterested in this user group.

The topics mentioned already sound great.

Thanks,

Wendy Marker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

good idea.

best regards,

Carsten Schulz, ebmpapst, Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

I would be interested in participating.

Discussions:

- New announcements

- Performance

- Landscapes

- Flash copy for SID refresh

Thanks,

Philip Stracener

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like a good idea to me too.

I'd echo the interest in performance

and also add HA / DR options

Regards

Steve Jones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Very interesting !!

For us could be important this questions:

- Performance

- SQL Tuning and optimum development ( also quality assurance )

- Flash copy for SID refresh

- New applications of the platform

I think that also could be interesting any kind of physical event, once a year. To discuss all this threads and get feedback from other customers of the platform.

Regards,

Joan B. Altadill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ron,

We would also be interested in this.

Topics look good so far.

Dale Dingmann

Border States Electric