cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD-FI integration - posting billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

By Standard SAP, if any Billing document is cancelled, then in FI, system will clear the original invoice and with cancelling document.

Requirement:

If billing invoice is cancelled in SD module, then in FI it should not clear the original invoice and instead it should be posted as an open item on date of cacellation.

Is this functionality is possible by configuration?

If yes, please share your inputs how this can be achieved either in FI side or from SD side.

point will be awarded for all useful replies.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

S. Habib Pasha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This requirement no more exist with us

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi habib,

If you feeel this answer solve your query please reward with points.

once the billing doucment is generated in sd. Then automatcally accounting doucment will be gnerated if you would have done revenue account determinationt and release to accountg. Coming to your point once the billing doucment cancelled in sd the following accounting document you have to reverse there is no cancellation of accounting document. in fb08 you can do this things related to the following invoice. and you will get what ever the result you want. Once you reverse it there is no open item for that billing doucment. I hope u will understood the concept

Thanks & Regards

rack29

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rack

I would like to clarify you, that when a document in FI posted from SD, then it cannot be (should not be) reversed directly in FI. Our requirement, is while cancelling tbe billing document, it should not clear the oroginal invoice in FI.

I believe you understand our requirement.

Best regards

S. Habib pasha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My opinion would be to create a new billing document copying requirement to meet your requirements.

You can study copying routine 29 as an example. Routine 29 does not allow cancellation of invoice if payment is already made by customer.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi habib

I think the your requirement is cannot be captured in standard SAP. We need to go for requirements by writing a routines with the help of ABAP'er

Regards

Srinath