cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import xsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is the first time i am importing an xsd. I do it from Data Type there is a tab to import xsd but there is an error "Schema to handled does not contain a definition of type . Is this the right way ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not the correct way.

The right way is to do it from External Definitions section of the INtegration Repository.

Rught Click on external definitions and click NEW.

The rest is pretty straight forward like giving a name to your External definition and importing via a browse window.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response , but how can i transform the external Definition to DT , probably later i will need to change some elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The external definition is represented as a message type and not data type. So in case you want to change the elements in the XSD, you can do it manually or use some tools like Altova, Stylus studio etc and reimport the definition.

regards

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create the data type, We can directly use this XSD as a message type, because it is represented as a message type.

Instead of message type (in the message mapping) we can directly use this XSD files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

If at all u want to change the elements in the data type ...

u cannot do it after importing into XI . u shud make all the changes in the structure before importing into XI only .

This is coz the imported XSD structure is directly available as "Message type" and not as Data type.Hence changes cannot be made in XI.

Reward points if useful.

Thanks,

Laawanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IR --> and select your Name Space --> Interface objects --> External Defninitions --> Right and say new --> give the name for that xsd --> In the editor you select the category as XSD and import the xsd file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IR

Name Space

Datatypes

External Defninitions

then import your XSD or WSDL or DTD and activate it.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To import the xsd

goto-namespaceinterface objects-external definitions-import xsd..

Thanks,

Vuiajya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you should follow like this for importing xsd

In your IR --> Name Space > Datatypes> External Defninitions --> Right and new and then import your External Definition and activate it.

regrads

chandra