cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes/No Indicator in Business Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

the latest business content in MDM contains fields that use the values of the lookup-table "Yes/No Indicator" in order to get Boolean effects. However, there is a field type "Boolean".

My question is now: Is there still a specific purpose of using the not-so-elegant SAP MDM method in favor of Boolean field types? Or is this just a practice from ancient times that simply nobody corrected over time (I just started with MDM 5.5 SP05 last year)?

Best regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware about MDM 5.5 SP5, but there is no such option for lookup-table Yes/No Indicator in MDM 5.5 SP6 Patch1 Build(5.5.61.48)

May be you are right, but in Latest MDM servers there is no such Sub-table Yes/No Indicator. Here during field cretion field of type Boolean is available but no Lookup yes/No Indictor.i think so they have corrected it since there is no such optionavailable in MDM 5.5 SP6

Hope it will clear your doubt,

Rewards if Useful......

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always prefer to use boolean's in my data model instead of the Yes/No indicator. I think boolean's are probably better, you may gain a slight performance advantage by not maintaining additional links from a main table to lookup table.

However, if you are connecting to multiple backend systems (not just ECC) it may make sense to use the Yes / No indicator because you can link it to key mappings and have different values that get syndicated. In ECC, TRUE may be 'X'...but in another system TRUE may be '1'. Having a key mapping enabled Yes / No indicator allows you to do this without the help of PI.

Edited by: Harrison Holland on Jun 6, 2008 1:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Mandeep: I have SP06 (5.5.62.53). When I open the standard business content of this version I have this sub-table.

Harrison: You can map "X" from one system as well as "1" from another to true/false. When doing this with two different systems, you will always need different mappings anyway.

Looks like an old legacy, which simply nobody changed.

Anyways, thanks for your contribution.

Christian