cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to a PI Data Historian with xMII 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to connect to a PI data historian from xMII 12.0. The PI connection was running OK on my xMII 11.5 server with the UDS 2.5 framework and PI UDS installed on the PI server. The UDS 2.5 stuff is still running on the PI server but I'm not sure what I need to do on the xMII 12.0 server to make the connection.

Thanks!

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All it should require is creating the new Data Server pointing to the server and port that is running the UDS (the Java side of the UDS communication is a built in connector). In fact the 11.5 server settings should provide you all the information you need to establish a new one with v12.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jeremy. The data server info came over from 11.5 to 12.0 during the migration but, while I can still make a connection and pull in data with my 11.5 development server, I get an 'Error' status with my 12.0 development server.

Any ideas?

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - I got my PI data server connection to work. In my xMII 11.5 data server configuration I referred to the server running the PI UDS with its DNS name. I was getting an 'Error' status when using this configuration in 12.0. I replaced the DNS name with the server's IP address and the connection works fine. Not sure if that's an xMII 12.0 issue or a NetWeaver issue.