cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM - Quota Arrangement getting violated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the CTM planning algorithm, timely demand fulfillment is the first criteria used for source determination. Due to which it can violate the quota arrangement and procurement priority. Now, my business requirement is that the quota arrangement is sacrosant and the system should adhere to it. I am having a situation where I have two suppliers, one with 100% and the other with 0% quota. However, the CTM planning is generating Purchase requisitions for the supplier with 0% quota. How can I stop that? Can anybody help me. It is very urgent.

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should verify that the quota with only 1 supplier does not work.

We have used this functionality and it worked. I have not tried it with v5.0 recently, but will let you know if I find out something.

Be sure CTM is actually deleting and recreating the orders you are talking about... Are the order numbers changing?

Ken snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I have created three vendors and mentioned only two of them in the quota arrangement, the third vendor was not mentioned in the quota arrangement. On taking a CTM run, it was found that Purchase Requisitions were being created for only the two vendors mentioned in the quota arrangement. The third vendor was ignored. So if somebody wants to have 0% quota for a vendor then that vendor should not be mentioned in the quota arrangement. Many thanks for your solution.

Regards

Ehsan Ahmed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try putting only the 1 location in the quot arrangement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have tried with only one vendor with 100% quota but still sends some purchase requisition to the other vendor possibly, because there is a transportation lane existing to the other vendor too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - did you try using the transportation lane priority? Assign a priority of 1 for the preferred vendor and a priority of 2 or 999 to the second vendor.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CTM is known to violate quota and priority in order to fulfill the demand on time. Giving lesser priority to the other vendor's TLane does not solve the problem as CTM will still generate PRs for that vendor in order to fulfill demand on time. I want CTM to ignore the second vendor even if demand is fulfilled late by the first vendor.

Regards

Ehsan Ahmed