cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of customer after Automatic Credit Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have configured Automatic Credit control during Sales Order entry. In OVA8 I have set the Dynamic Checks, Document Value and Oldest Opne Item with value of 30 days. Based on the outstanding the Sales Order creation is blocked with a message 'Credit check oldest open items overdue (Cannot be saved). Does this create a block against the customer at any place? In case unde special circumstances an order is to be created against the Customer how do i create an order for this customer.

Checked via FD32, there is no block for the customer

Please suggest.

Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can change the setting in ova8 as block to warning.

so atleast u can save the document & if managent wants to release the document later u can releaseusing VKM3 & vkm4.

Thanks

Susrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks susrikant

My query has been solved.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

As u specified, entries have been given to Document Value and Oldest Opne Item with value of 30 days.

If u have not verified, verify the sales order value(It should be below w.r.t Document value u have given) and Oldest open item also because once that customer has not been cleared payment with in 30 days u may get these sort of messages.

Try these if u not yet checked.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you still want to create anOrder for that customer, use a new sales doc type that would not have credit mgmt activated and you can create orders for that. but be sure that the authorization for that Sales Doc type should be there only to a responsible person in the company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean we will have to wait till the payments are received in these cases?

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Did you try exploring Seasonal Credit Limit Factor field in OVA8

There, I think, if you maintain % value ( eg 100 % ) it should solve your purpose.

Again, you can specify for what period you want this deviation to be applied to the customer.

Do let us know if it works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basavaraj,

Thanks for the reply. I think i have not expressed my requirement correctly. Let me explain it like this :

Today 09.06.2008 when I am trying to create a sales order for a customer, since there are document outstanding for more than 30 days the system correctly gives the message 'Credit check : Oldest open items overdue (cannot be saved). Since in OVA8 for Oldest item I have used the reaction as Error, rightly I am not able to save the order.

But if i come across an exceptional case wherein the management decides to allow transaction to be carried out for this customer, how do i go about it?

Since the order is not saved, cant use vkm4.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

release in VKM4 then do it remaining process.

i hope you have under stood.

if your doubts is clear don't forget to reward.

thanks

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for your reply. But my problem is when i try to create a new order its not allowing to save the sales order because of the outstanding, so no question of using vkm4. My query is if creation of sales order is blocked due to outstanding beyond number of days mentioned in OVA8, then how can i create sales order for the customer under special conditions like say if there is approval by the management.

Regards,

Uday