cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird commercial? spamming...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This user is posting some interesting stuff... https://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=3809091&start=0

Not sure if this is allowed?!

Gareth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

I deleted all the posts for that userid. If you see something like this again from the same person, let me know and I will delete his userid as well.

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Just a quick clarification.

What happens when you delete a User-id? Will the person using the same mail id be allowed to register again with the same/different name?

Regards,

Jaishankar

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaishankar,

Unfortunately, you are correct. There is every possibility that the person will register again as there is no block for email addresses in our environment. One could argue that putting such in place would only be a small hinderance since anyone can go and create a gmail account over and over. If we blocked on gmail account, they would simply go create another one. Our best defense is the alert site members such as yourself.

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the clarification. I guess this problem could be overcome by having a fixed period to activate a new account in SDN (idea of Rob).

>>If you see something like this again from the same person, let me know and I will delete his userid as well.

Looks like you have got some job to do...

/thread/911795 [original link is broken]

P.S: This user is spamming around and yet he gets a couple of replies in XI forum. People replying have no idea what the person is asking and worse still what they are posting as replies. This is the sad fate of XI forums today.

Regards,

Jaishankar

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

He keeps on posting all over the forums, so I think you will need to delete the user.

Regards,

Martin