Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install a MSCS Netweaver 2004s SR2

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm just trying to install Netweaver 2004s SR2 ECC 6.0 in a cluster. I've read the instguide provided by sap, but there are some problems occured.

When i was installing the database on the first node, the "SAP DBTech" group was created succesfully. The only resource within this group is the <SAPSID>. I'm missing the netname, the ip address and the log- and data drive in this group. IMHO they have to be there. Or is this correct?

After this trying to configure the database on the additional node, there are a lot of errors as a result i think.

Is there any more detailed installation guide or can anybody help me? Which log-Files

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

All prerequisites are fullfilled. I checked this more than one time.

Now i installed the missing cluster resources like described in note 576063. Now the ipadress, the netname and the xserver resource are available and the database is online on the first note.

When i want to configure the database on the other node, sapinst tries to move the "SAP DBTech" group to this node. It fails, because the xserver cannot start and sapinst only offers me the local drives.

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the best option would be to open the support case and provide the logs

best regards

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check:

- if drive for SAP files was the separated shared physical drive

- hostname resolution

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

drive for SAP files was the separated shared physical drive and the hostname resolution works without any problems.

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there should be sapinst_dev.log and r3clus log, could you pls. post them?

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the sapinstdev.log is to big to post it here i think. But i can post the error messages inside. The following errors occured while installing the database on the first node:

TRACE[W]   [ianxcreghelper.cpp:235]
           CNTRegistryKey::CNTRegistryKey(., HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech, ...) 
Error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.
) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (69), with parameter (SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech).

WARNING[E] 2008-06-11 22:08:24 [ianxbservi.hpp:235]
           CServiceHandle::Open(XServer) 
FSL-06002  Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (266), with parameter (XServer).

WARNING    2008-06-11 22:34:11 
           CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl() 
Execution of the command "E:\sapdb\PR1\db\Cluster\SAPDBMSCSMan.exe -B "undefined,undefined,undefined,Disk S:"" finished with return code 1. Output: 

18729 ERROR: Network 'undefined' not found, rc = 5045.

WARNING    2008-06-11 22:34:12 
           CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl() 
Execution of the command "E:\sapdb\PR1\db\Cluster\SAPDBMSCSMan.exe -m "Disk L:"" finished with return code 1. Output: 

18734 ERROR: Group 'SAP DBTech' not found, rc = 5013.

After the Installation the Group "SAP DBTech" exists, but there is only one resource called "<SID>".

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks ahead

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for me it looks like some prerequisite steps were/are missing, at least it searches for some entries that are not present...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you should get the ip, netname resources in the SAP group.

You did obviously something wrong but I think it's nearly impossible to guess away from your cluster.

The SAP guide is enough to do the job. Check and recheck what you did againt the guide...

Good luck !

Olivier