cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step to Install Solution Manager 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus,

Could please provide a proper step to install Solution Manager 7.0 with MSSQL Database. ?

All the software and DVD is get ready, just that i not sure where to begin installation. I had go through this web site service.sap.com/instguides, a lot of document there but quite confusing for me.

One of my problem is, the DVD - (Installation Master) make me so confused. i tries to run sapinst.exe and install the central instance, it ask for the directory path ..? I couldn't get the path.. the installation process was hang over there.

Please give me some hint for the Solution Manager 7.0 installation step !!!

Thank you very much.. Will appreciate that you can help me on it..

Regards,

Jack Austin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

cedillof
Participant
0 Kudos

Any posible solution for installing solman 7.0 on a 32 bits hw ?

Its because I have an availble intel quad core server over we planned to instal solman.

Is a SAP constraint to only work with 64 bits for now on ? Or are ther going to release a version on SOLMAN 7.0 for 32 bits in the future?

Before I installed solman 4.0 sr2 in a 32 bit hardware just fine.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Any posible solution for installing solman 7.0 on a 32 bits hw ?

yes - read the installation guide and the note

> Its because I have an availble intel quad core server over we planned to instal solman.

> Is a SAP constraint to only work with 64 bits for now on ? Or are ther going to release a version on SOLMAN 7.0 for 32 bits in the future?

32bit systems are deprecated for ALL installation. Nowadays one should use a 64bit platform always. You may not be able to run certain applications on SolMan on 32bit.

A QuadCore Intel system is 64bit enabled - all you need is a 64bit operating system (Windows 2003 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T):

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add: All multi-core processors are 64bit capable - you can install a 64bit Windows OS on it and use it as such.

No need to go for Itanium.

Markus

cedillof
Participant
0 Kudos

OK thanks for your help Markus.

cedillof
Participant
0 Kudos

I run sapinst in a IA64 hardware and the option to install solution manager central instance does appear.

So, you cant install solman 7.0 in a I386 (32 bits) enviroment? Can anyone help me with this one?

cedillof
Participant
0 Kudos

HI everyone,

I undestand, i have the same problem now. Im trying to install SOLMAN 7.0 but the sapinst is weird. It seems i doesnt show the option to install a central instance. Just the option to instal Solution Manager Disgonostic Agent which is not the same as a central instance.

Mi enviroment is Windows Server 2003 with MSSQL 2005 . 32 bit system

Could any body help answering this issue.. Is it a SAPinst problem?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you read the installation guide it points you to the installation note 1145779 - SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Installation - which describes:

<...>

As of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 you can only install dialog instances on 32-bit platforms. All remaining SAP system instances (central instance, database instance, central services instance (SCS), ABAP central services instance (ASCS)) you can only install on 64-bit platforms. Therefore the folder "SAP Systems" is not available on the "Welcome screen", when you start the installation from a installation master DVD for 32-bit.

<...>

So you need a 64bit platform to install Solution Manager 7.0.

Markus

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this guide for [Windows with MSSQL|https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000512852008E/solman_40_sr4_win_mssql.pdf]

for [Windows with Oracle|https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000512392008E/solman_40_sr4_win_ora.pdf]

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some basic questions I could not find answers to in Installation or Master Guide:

1. Install SM on a Server or a workstation?

2. If Server, the same server as an SAP Instance or separate Server?

3. If an SAP server, share the MS/SQL database or separate them?

I'm in a new job and have lots of SAP experience but not in the Basis area. This company runs its own SAP servers so I have to do this myself.

Thanks for helpful guidance!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you go through the installation guides, all steps you need to do and all entry parameters are explained there.

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Don´t try to "guess" - read the guide, it will tell you what you have to do.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

What kind of link is it looking for. Import CD's, Java Stack or some other stuff ? The best thing is to dump all your DVD's on the server and then start the installation, which makes it easier for you to give the directory links.

Else it is a bit tricky.

Rgds,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers