cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapnwrfc-0.19 linux utf16 problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I buid and install gem with sapnwrfc-0.19 on my Ubuntu but when i try to run example code i got error like:

/usr/bin/ruby: symbol lookup error: /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/sapnwrfc-0.19-i486-linux/ext/nwsaprfc/nwsaprfc.so: undefined symbol: strlenU16

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - SAP Business One will only be supported if it has the RFC stack enabled within it's platform. I am unfamiliar with B1, but solong as it supports generic RFC I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there. In sapnwrfc 0.20 problem was solved. But i have little question. Should this library workt with sap business one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pierce,

version 0.20 also works fine for me.

Thank you

Sascha

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Piers,

I tried a clean install with 0.20 - worked great from the start. I did not even need the explicit declaration of LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Adding the path to ld.conf and running ldconfig worked as well.

Thank you for your support.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - This is interesting. I did not have to explicitly link the libsapucum under Linux before. I've amended the Makefile.PL for this and put up a new release 0.20 to fix this - http://search.cpan.org/search?query=sapnwrfc&mode=all .

Also - it appears that you now MUST export LD_LIBRARY_PATH => export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/you/nwrfcsdk/lib or you will get run time errors.

Thanks for the feedback,

Piers Harding.

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nevermind, I just solved this myself.

I just had to add --addlibs '-lsapucum' to perl Makefile.PL

Works fine now. Great work Piers.

Regards,

Michael

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem that Sascha has. I'm running the current SDK and sapnwrfc-0.17 (perl) on Linux x86. When executing for example

perl t/02attrib.t 

I get the following output:

ok 1
Testing SAPNW::Rfc-0.12
perl: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/SAPNW/Connection/Connection.so: undefined symbol: strlenU16

I tried your recommended checks:

nm libsapucum.so | grep strlenU16

returns

00025a80 T strlenU16

Everything is looking good so far (I think).

But

ldd Connection.so

does not even show libsapucum.so, but only

linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7f2a000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0xb7ed3000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2 (0xb7ecf000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7eb6000)
libsapnwrfc.so => /home/xxx/nwrfcsdk/lib/libsapnwrfc.so (0xb78d1000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7782000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f2b000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/librt.so.1 (0xb7779000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7686000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb767a000)

Did I do anything wrong? Did I miss some parameters when compiling the Perl Connector?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas,

I have a wuite similar problem with sapnwrfc0.17 (perl) and NWRFC_2-20002251.

When calling a RFC function in my script, I get the following error

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-multi/auto/SAPNW/Connection/Connection.so: undefined symbol: strlenU16

Regards,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have tried ld.so.conf + ldconfig with no success then try setting the env var LD_LIBRARY_PATH - either should work. The other thing to make sure is that you are using the correct version of the NW RFC SDK for your platform - don't mix 32 and 64 bit.

Finally - you can check using nm, where the symbols are defined and use ldd to make sure that all libs are being resolved. => nm libsapucum.so | grep strlenU16 - ldd Connection.so .

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i got line:

/usr/sap/nwrfcsdk/lib

in my /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf and i run ldconfig.

But that not solve this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Have you included the directory path for the NW RFC SDK libraries in your ld.so.conf (and run ldconfig)?

Cheers.