cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to create an application using Web Dympro that show a list of orders and where the user can insert/delete/modify an order... the data are stored on a Oracle DB (via JDBC).

Before to start I would like to know what approuch to use, because i'm able to create the application with java but i'm not smart with Web Dynpro...so i will prefer the more simple solution. Do you have any suggestion? Do you known where to find any exaustive examples?

I will appreciate your collaboration about this.

Vito

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this link, but i'm not able to find an example related to a Web Dynpro that use an external database like Oracle. Could you tell me exactly the example that make this activity, please?

Thanks, Vipa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes u can connect JDBC in Web dynpro appln.

use the following code in the relevant place to connect to the Database

InitialContext ctx=new InitialContext();

DataSource ds=(DataSource)ctx.lookup("jdbc/");

connection con=ds.getConnection();

Using these three statements it is possible for u to connect to the DB.then rest u can continue with normal SQL queries for enhancements.

For further details to work in web dynpro check the below link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rathna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add a phrase in the SAP documentation (Open SQL/JDBC chapter):

"The following procedure is relevant for J2EE application components (enterprise bean, servlets, and JSP). WebDynpro components do not support the declaration of resource references!"

This means that using WebDynpro there is no possibility to connect to an external DB like Oracle? Possible?

Vito