I have to create a csv file with format :

Date : dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy

PRODUCT_CODE,NAME,ADDRESS

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

How should i achieve putting the date before header line?

What should be my target structure format?

What parameters to enter in receiver FCC?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not able to get how to use that NameA.enclosureSign in this scenario.

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi khimavath,

Mine is a RFC TO FILE scenario where i need to insert a date before Heading of the output csv file.

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is that I want to add one row i.e Date : dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy before the headerline.

These dates values are already passed by the RFC . The task is to take that date thing, create a constant like Date : 01/01/2008 to 02/02/2008. and map it to the target structure which is in the format:

<MT>

<ITEM>

<DATE/>

<HEADER/>

<PROD_CODE>

<NAME/>

<ADDRESS/>

</ITEM>

</MT>

In receiver CC what parameters should i apply in FCC so that DATE and Header does not reoccurs but only once and that too at the start.

For header ,should i use Item.headerLine or should i pass it as a comma seperated value constant from source only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your Query is not clear..Could you pls reconstruct your Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is excellent blog for FCC this will give you a clear picture

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

● NameA.enclosureSign

Specify a string that acts as a text delimiter.

Text enclosed by such delimiters is transferred to the target structure unchanged, although the default setting is to remove all text delimiters. Separators within such texts are ignored.

This parameter is optional. The default setting is an empty value (no text delimiter).

● NameA.enclosureSignEnd

If the text delimiters for the beginning and end of the text are different, specify the text delimiter for the end of the text here.

If you do not make an entry here, the entry from NameA.enclosureSign is used.

● NameA.enclosureSignEscape

Specify a string that replaces the text delimiter if it occurs within a text that it delimits.

When the text is transferred the string is replaced by the value specified in NameA.enclosureSign .

● NameA.enclosureSignEndEscape

Specify a string that replaces the text delimiter for the end of the text if it occurs within a text that it delimits.

When the text is transferred the string is replaced by the value specified in NameA.enclosureSignEnd.

● NameA.enclosureConversion

To remove the delimiter upon transfer, or to replace it with escape characters, enter YES. This is the default value.

To transfer the characters unchanged enter NO.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do the following

1) your source structure

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

dd/mm/yyyy

DATE

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

123,ABC,xyz

use the standard date funtion in you mapping and map it with the target field.

Thanks

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried..

Have you tried:

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm)

-

● NameA.enclosureSign

Specify a string that acts as a text delimiter.

Text enclosed by such delimiters is transferred to the target structure unchanged, although the default setting is to remove all text delimiters. Separators within such texts are ignored.

This parameter is optional. The default setting is an empty value (no text delimiter).

● NameA.enclosureSignEnd

If the text delimiters for the beginning and end of the text are different, specify the text delimiter for the end of the text here.

If you do not make an entry here, the entry from NameA.enclosureSign is used.

● NameA.enclosureSignEscape

Specify a string that replaces the text delimiter if it occurs within a text that it delimits.

When the text is transferred the string is replaced by the value specified in NameA.enclosureSign .

● NameA.enclosureSignEndEscape

Specify a string that replaces the text delimiter for the end of the text if it occurs within a text that it delimits.

When the text is transferred the string is replaced by the value specified in NameA.enclosureSignEnd.

● NameA.enclosureConversion

To remove the delimiter upon transfer, or to replace it with escape characters, enter YES. This is the default value.

To transfer the characters unchanged enter NO.

Note

If you specify xml.enclosureSign=“ and xml.enclosureSignEsc=““, text enclosed in quotation marks is transferred unchanged and the quotation marks are removed.

If the escape character for a quotation mark (““) occurs in the text itself, it is replaced by the quotation mark during the transfer.

Thanks,

Vijaya.