Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use SOA running in ECC 6.0 to system 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two scenarios R / 3, one in version 4.7 and another in version 6.0

The SOA services are available only in version 6.0.

Let me know if I can use the SOA services on the version 6.0, so that they can set to point to 4.7 platform

Is that possible?

What options of configuration are supported?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not easily, it is even hard to use SAP Portal technology with R/3 4.7 systems. The main govering feature of data exchange between systems in R/3 and NetWeaver 7 is the RFC function call. The main interface of data exchange between systems in an ESOA technology is "SOAP". Things get even worse from their on. The main user interface in ESOA is the WEBGUI (just a plain old browser engine, anyones on anything - I once had an instructor tell me that with ESOA output you could run it on an "Etch-a-Sketch" if one could figure how to hook it up to the network). FAT Client GUI (already a dying interface) and Portal Technology interface are NOT the primary interface for end-users (though the portal can be used as the back drop). Lastly, most all CE coding is done in JAVA, NOT ABAP (though back-end coding in ABAP is certainly possible). It is also structured differently. NetWearer 7 and R/3 technology is still platform based (i,e, erp systems BI systems CRM etc). One has to know where the data resides. In a CE environment though the same systems are still used (ERP6 BI7, CRM2007 etc...) the data repository is translucent and controlled access by the Object Repository. Before you try to leap into ESOA, take at least the initial classes in your area of expertise (and pray it isn't BASIS like mine). Then, ask your questions of yourself, you will know the answer.

In answer to the WEB SDN URL listed above from 2005, I did not say it was impossible, just remember your life in ESOA is JAVA!! - with R/3?? Your Development Environment is Visual Composer and your development system is NetWeaver 7.1 CE (and no that is not just a minor upgrade!).

Edited by: Pat McCarthy on Jun 7, 2008 2:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that I can create a webservice from a RFC.

But my answer not is that.

I want to use the SOA services standard in 6.0. But I need change it and connect it to 4.7

Is possible?

gaurav_modgil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the Functionality provided in R3 Based System in the backend utilizes RFC's or BAPI's.

These BAPI's are generally also available as Web Services. Moreover if they are not, you can easily expose a bapi as a web Service and utilize it in your custom Application.

I think the following article will help you,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/244e7923-0a01-0010-5887-fe0b0c6d...

This Article defines the Creation and Consuption of Web Services on 6.2 and 6.4 systems.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am considering this too. Our R/3 is on 620, but we'll be installing a nw2005 portal soon. I was thinking about the follow scenario:

1. create a function module in the portal system that consumes a web service.

2. Use RFC to call this function from the R/3 system

Would be interested to know if this is feasible.