cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI -Interaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In my project we dont have FI guys in my project. We are some doing some enhancements to our SAP SD.

Can anyone suggest me at what points of sales process FI Accounts posting will happen?

I have got following concerns.

1. If i create a sales order/Service order with material availability check, does it impact FI accounts(Material movements)? Can some one suggest exactly what transactions make this impact to FI accounting.

2. If i create a delivery document does it impact FI accounts?

Thank you

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Above two points of your concern will not have any impact on FI,but you are talking about some enhancements if its related to service order and if you have anything on core return with replacement or overhauling or any validation then please let us know if NOT then there is no issue with FI.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good observation dear Anil. Keep it up !!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks agains Lakshmipathi and Team for your help.

Thank you

ANil

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the order creation stage of Sales order / Service order, there is no link to Finance. The availability check also doesn't have any link to finaance. The link with FI starts when you do a post goods issue and invoice creation.

When you do the PGI an accounting document will get generated based on the settings done in MM account determination (OMWB), when you create an invoice the accounting documents will get generated, the G/L accounts get hit based on the settings do did in revenue accoutn determination (VKOA). Hope you are clear.

Prase

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear anil

Be it a sale order or service order, you can create any number of orders and it will not have any impact in FI. Only when you post goods issue against the respective document, one FI document will be generated. Similarly, when you generate invoice, one accounting document gets generated. If you see the Accounting document, you can see the customer gets debited and sales get credited.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

The accounting documents get generated after doing PGI and after the Invoice document is saved.

It has no relavance with the sales order/service order.

Cheers,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suppose in both the cases there is no impact on the FI side. Only after PGI the below docs are created.

Accounting document

Profit center doc.

Spec. purpose ledger

Cost accounting doc.

Regards