Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass assignment of Position to a Role

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.. Experts

For Authorization administration we use Indirect Assignment. i.e instead of assigning User ID's we assign Position Number of Employees which in turn binded with user id under organization tab of the role.

Currently we do not see any solution to assign multiple positions to a single role. in mass

Do you all have any quick ides ??

Thanks in advance

Regrads

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing - to decrease my q unanswered list

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Siddhesh & Jaun Reyes

Thanks for you replies. Siddesh we are assigning role tto position as per navigation "Txn PFCG -> Role Display --> Users Tab Page and in the page Tab Org Mgmt Tab. "My requirement is i want to assign role to 150 position who belog to different BU's. Currently similar requirement to assign 150 position in sequential is taking long time.

So looking for some mass assignment solution.

Do we all aggree that - SAP has not given any solution to do mass assignment positions to a single role ? if yes what is the dis-advantage in this that SAP is not supporting / not given toll in the system for mas position assignment.

Thanks in advance for your replies / commencts.

Regards

PR

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wrong

Your initial question was can you perform mass assignments based on position.

So my answer was that its not possible to do this using PD-ORG.

if you already have the list of users who need a particular Role, you can simply specify the list in the User tab in transaction PFCG->Change->User tab

Regards,

Siddhesh

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ....Siddesh & Deepak.

We have to do only indirect assignment as per our policy and should not have to do direct assignemnt .

So. Can you confirm - Not possible of Mass assignments of positions to a single role!! to stop thinking about this.

Rgds

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.. Siddesh & Deepsk.

Any luck ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually SU10 will do for regular users... but in this particular case i don't think mass assignment is possible.

Regards

Juan

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

I think they are doing user assignments via PD-ORG.

PA30/PPOSE doesn't have any facility to do mass assignments.

Regards,

Siddhesh