cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When building my DC, i am getting this error... Anybody knws to solve this... I have tried adding jars... no use...and also getting the warning "The import java.util.Map is never used"

'

Its urgent..

Pls help..

GS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Could you be more specific when you are getting this error.... I mean what are the classes you are using??? and coming to other, warining you are getting is not very serious. Its saying that you have imported some classes/methods/packages and you are not using them. so simply find for which import that message is coming and comment that import.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError

Above error arises when you try to build with a noncompatible java runtime . Make sure your code and the jars are of same version.

"The import java.util.Map is never used"

This is not an error its a warning do a code cleanup by either removing it from the imports or right click source -> cleanup

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its working in another applicatiions... And also i am using the same type only.. Its really strange....some other possiblities?

GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was that application build from your IDE?

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.

another thing is tht i have deployed the same applications with model dc in another system. Its working fine... Even i reinstall my NWDS also.. its giving the same... I can realise tht it would be some version mismatch.. But my question is Wher is tht occured?

GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Window Prefereces

Java->Compiler->JDK Compliance Set this to 1.5 or 1.4 based on your requirement.

Check the installed JREs too in the same area

Java->Installed JRE

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This exception can occur when the source is built targeting a JDK that is not supported by the JDK attempting to run it. In the above example, if the DC was built targeting only JDK 1.5, but the web server runs JDK 1.4, the above exception will occur.

and also

when u have installed a plugin that requires a newer version of Java than the version you have currently installed. You can either install the latest JDK, or uninstall the plugin.

Regards

Surender Dahiya