cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All servers are busy: No resources available - error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting an entry in one of the job log "All servers are busy: No resources available". There is no application server for this system and almost 98% of the work processes are free duing this job run.

The strange thing is , the same job got completed earlier without any problem and I confirm that nothing has changed in the variant / code.

Is it anything to do with the RZ12 configuration? I checked the server group but all is fine.

Please share your experience.

regards,

Vinodh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats the job doing?, how is scheduled?, have you check SM37 for delays or jobs with the wrong status? can you check SM21 and post errors?.... not enough info.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The components are,

R/3, HP UX 11, Oracle 10.0.2

This job is scheduled to run every 10 mins. The successfull job log shows as 'Sent to Denpyo Engine for processing'.

I am not sure about the functionality of the job but all I can say is , the job was running perfect till yesterday 17:34. Ever since 17:44 the job log is having an entry 'All servers are busy: No resources available, but the job status is success though. The user is saying 'orders are not picked up'.

The program version has not been changed since 2004 and there was no variant change between 17:34 & 17:44.

There is no delay in job processing and there are enough free dialog and BG work process available. No ABAP dumps were thrown and no SM21 logs which is making the troubleshooting more tough. I searched the OSS note and got a note 921457 but it was not for R/3.

regards,

Vinodh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually this happens when a program starts with a number of parallel processes that exceed the available system resources

Read Note 921457 - Message BT 837 All servers are busy: No resources available

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your time and support.

regards,

Vinodh.