Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase the Buffer Quality

prasad_sure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our R/3 SAP server Data buffer quality is now 93% . We want increase the this buffer quality. I found the some command $SYNC and $TAB and $CUA. Where we can run these command or any other way we can do it. Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

S.Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those commands empty the buffers - this will lead to a BAD buffer quality since the buffers are empty.

To get a better quality you need to increase the buffer sizes.

Markus

prasad_sure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to increase the buffer quality. We are try to command menu these T-code's ($TAB etc) we are getting the error.Transaction code does not exist. Please suggest me.,

Regards

S.Prasads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to use dynamic SGA feture as of oracle 9i.

Check sap Note 617416 - Oracle9i: Dynamic SGA

Set upper limit for SGA ( sga_max_size) and set db_cache_size , this enables the dynamic SGA.

If its enabled you can dynamically change the db_cache_values if db buffer quality seems poor.

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read again:

those $XXXX commands EMPTY the buffers, this will DECREASE the quality.

Markus

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

> How to increase the buffer quality.

The buffer quality of what??

where do you see that buffer quality is 93%?

Do you have Oracle?

If so, buffer quality is only an indicator that something could be better.

Also, it depends if your system is OLTP or OLAP.

Probably (with the huge amount of data that you provide) you could tune a little your SQL statements.

Also, if the only important thing is the buffer quality (and not the system response time) you could create a program read continuously a table in the buffer, that way you can have a very good buffer quality (regardless of other consequences)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

You run those commands like you would a normal transaction, in the command field. /$SYNC will reset all buffers, /$TAB resets the table buffers and /$CUA I assume will reset your GUI interface object buffers. If you have just done transports or restarted your system the buffers will be reset automatically(invalidated in the case of transports) and take some time to fill so you may want to give it some time first before your take this action. You rarely should have to reset the buffers.

Take a look [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/c4/3a6e98505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm] under the section "SAP Buffers" -> "The Buffer Monitor" -> "Tuning SAP Buffers" and "Buffer Quality" for more information.

Regards,

Nelis