cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6C IDES Installation hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

at the moment I installing a test scenario for a migration to ERP6.00. The source system should be a IDES 4.6C with DB2 V9.1 on AIX5.3 TL7.

This is my first Installation by using the R3SETUP Tool. It is a little bit different according to SAPINST ;-).

My Problem is, that the installation Preparation aborts during the step for setting up the DB enviroment: DB6COMMINPARAMETERSDB_IND_DB6

In this phase the Setup tool asks for several DB settings like port, DB2 Instance folder and so on.

But it aborts after I entering the password for the db2<sid>, I dont get the prompt for entering the DB2 values.

The complete Error message is:

ERROR 2008-06-05 17:11:14 DB6COMMONPARAMETERSDB_IND_DB6 GetConfirmationFor:0

No value for Key: CUSTOM

ERROR 2008-06-05 17:11:14 DB6COMMONPARAMETERSDB_IND_DB6 InternalAskBasicKeysFromUser:0

The maximum number of input attempts exceeded. The input process

will be terminated.

ERROR 2008-06-05 17:11:14 DB6COMMONPARAMETERSDB_IND_DB6 AskBasicKeysFromUser:0

Phase failed.

ERROR 2008-06-05 17:11:15 Main

Installation aborted.

I use the CENTRDB.R3S, the updated DDLDB6.TPL and DBSIZE.TPL, descripted in OSS Note: 519.697. I also know how to copy the EXPORT DVD'S in to a own folder.

When I execute the R3SETUP with the INSTGUI it is the same.

I'm wondering about the fact of the INSTGUI, because, today the installation works fine (without the descripted error) with the GUI, but I had problems with the DB2 Software and some present DB2 Instances. So I decided to abort the installation and use DB2 V9.1. For this I also update the SAPEXEDB and SAPEXE files with current files from the marketplace. I clean up the old installation and folders from the filesystem. And want to restart the installation, but the descdipted problem occurs now.

I hope somebody know the issue and can help me.

Thanks for reading and hints.

Bye M. Haberland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Did you ever get this resolved? I am getting the same Custom Key error when trying to run R3SETUP as well. Environment is 4.6B with 4.6D EXT kernel, AIX, DB2 v 9.5. Thanks Julie

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you use the special CD mentioned in

Note 928727 - DB6: SAP System Inst. with EXT Kernel on UNIX

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We are all set now. We had the wrong CD. The CD that worked for our 4.6B migration to DB2 9.5 is 51031999_KERNEL_46D_EXT. Thanks for your help. --Julie

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To install 4.6c on 9.1 you need the .EXT kernels and the special CDs:

930487 - DB6: Using DB2 9.1 with SAP Software

Markus