cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define Web Dynpro application to connect to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed(my first!) Web Dynpro Adaptive RFC application. I have deployed it on the WebAS via the Studio. I now want to run this application but I get an exception asking me to check my SLD connection settings using Visual Admin. When I try executing the e:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat nothing happens - the Command window stays open without doing anything. The logs in \log\console logs\ are empty. This happens with the Configtool.bat also - the command window stays open doing nothing.

The Web Dynpro Content Administrator has the "Create JCo Destination" button inactivated.

How do I set the R/3 system that my WD application can access?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As concerns your J2EE visual admin and configtool problem, I guess a restart of your J2EE server should help. Did you try that out? I remember facing the same problem a month back or so.

For your second question:

Please refer the guide to set up your system landscape directory on WAS. Once you set this up, you should be able to create JCO destinations.

Regards

Shakeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I have now configured the SLD server and transfered data from R/3 system to the SLD server using transaction RZ70.

I restarted the server and when I go to the WD content administrator (http://host:50000/webdynpro/welcome/Welcome.jsp), I see an error message a the bottom of the page saying "Connection to System Landscape Directory (SLD) could not be opened successfully". I guess I will have to use the visual admin tool to set the SLD. Unfortunately I cannot get the Visual Admin tool to open up - I have restarted the WebAS server multiple times without any avail. When I double click on go.bat, a windows command window opens up, shows the version of Java it is running (in my case 1.4.2_04) and stays open without doing anything. What version of Java are you running - maybe that is the problem????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no the JDK version is ok. Please try to add the option -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true to the go.bat file (if it's not already there). There were/are some problems with specific graphic cards.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another problem why go.bat does not bring up the Admin tool could be because of the WebAS server setup(?). I have WebAS installed on a "pizza box" Penguin Computing server(that once had Linux on it!). This server has Windows 2000 Server and is without any monitor - I use PCAnywhere to use WebAS and the Studio - my laptop is not powerful enough to run WebAS and the Studio ;-( Could this be a problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another problem why go.bat does not bring up the Admin tool could be because of the WebAS server setup(?). I have WebAS installed on a "pizza box" Penguin Computing server(that once had Linux on it!). This server has Windows 2000 Server and is without any monitor - I use PCAnywhere to use WebAS and the Studio - my laptop is not powerful enough to run WebAS and the Studio ;-( Could this be a problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

Posting again --- Had a dump earlier so not sure if it got posted -

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

Posting again --- Had an exception earlier so not sure if it got posted -

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution - I am posting it here for documentation.

Like I mentioned in my earlier posting on this topic, I am using PC Anywhere to connect to this server. Once I switched to Microsoft Terminal Server connection, instead of PC Anywhere, the problem went away. Now I see the Visual Admin tool.

I guess the Java Visual Admin tool application does work on PC Anywhere connections!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

strange...thanks for the hint! If you have the opportunity you should check VNC also (just kidding)

Regards

Stefan