cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT:Dynamically sending email

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I created an application,in which iam having two input fields.If i entered the email id in 1st input field and person name in other input field,then Email should open .In that the to:should be the email id and the person name should be written in text.So pease reply as quick as possible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to start an email client / application like MS Outlook, or do you want to send the email via SAP, which is the 'standard' way of doing so. For the latter option have a look at this blog (with very good explanation):

[Blog: sending email from abap|/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--version-610-and-higher]

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I want to send email through SAP.Iam doing application in a webdynpro abap

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Do you want to start an email client / application like MS Outlook, or do you want to send the email via SAP, which is the 'standard' way of doing so. For the latter option have a look at this blog (with very good explanation):

>

> [Blog: sending email from abap|/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--version-610-and-higher]

Actually that is the receiving Email blog. There is the one for sending email:

[/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/08/sending-e-mail-from-abap--version-610-and-higher--bcs-interface|/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/08/sending-e-mail-from-abap--version-610-and-higher--bcs-interface]

You won't be able to open Outlook from Web Dynpro. The blog above shows you how to configure and then code the email sending process. If you want a screen to popup showing the email address and letting the person type the email (like they would if you could open Outlook), you would need to code that yourself in WDA.

>So pease reply as quick as possible.

That really isn't necessary or even polite to say on the forums. People are going to respond when the can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u send me any application regarding "Dynamically sending Email" in webdynpro ABAP.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> can u send me any application regarding "Dynamically sending Email" in webdynpro ABAP.

Blog not good enough for you, eh?

It has all the coding in it you will need to send an email. I could post a code example, but it would be the same as what is in the blog.

As a side note - you could kind of open the default mail client if you used a LinkToURL UI element in the reference field you used a mailto address (ie - mailto://test(at)sap.com ). You will have to change the (at) to an @ - I had to do that to get around the content filters in the forum. However for control over the email content and actually how it is sent I would suggest you stick with sending the mail via ABAP.