cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gateway process not starting on a J2EE server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Portal server (J2EE server) and my gateway process (gwrd.exe) is not started. Any idea how can I start the gateway process? do I need to install it separately on a J2EE server?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

To start/stop gateay find this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bb/9f13194b9b11d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

You can install a seperate gateway as per the requirement. That can be find out in DVDs of SAP Presentation server installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To P. SL Basis Systems Management

Do you realise that your answer has nothing to do with the question ?

Except the word gateway...

0 Kudos

Please check how to start and stop getway.....

First thing is that, the thing that was questioned.

Second We talked about need, if you requires then u can individually install the gateway instance.

Else gateway is always installed.....let it be Java or ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note 1172162 says that the Java systems do not come with a gateway. The gateway must be installed separately.

In my case I do not have installed the gateway, but I see the gwrd.exe executable on the file system. Can you please let me know:

- do I need to install the gateway for my J2EE system?

- if I need to do so, why is there a gwrd.exe file already on my file system?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody can help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

after checking the contents of the startup profile file "START_JC00_M2003173DVM" located in folder "D:\usr\sap\NPD\SYS\profile". I found no references to the gateway process (gwrd.exe). I even added a reference to the gateway manually, but the gateway still does not start.