cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan-Driven Procurement: with Supplier Integration vs with Plant Maintenanc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

What is the difference between Plan-Driven Procurement with Supplier Integration and PDP with Plant Maintenance?

Thanks

Ivá

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is just a scenario name.[http://service.sap.com/ibc-srm|http://service.sap.com/ibc-srm]

Plan-Driven Procurement with Supplier Integration = MM-SUS integration

PDP with Plant Maintenance = Purchase Requisition transfer from MM to SRM

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

In addition to the masa's explnation;

PDP with supplier integration means you can integrate and synchronize the supplier system, such that whenever the PO is created in your (Buyer) system for a given supplier, itwill be replicated in supplier system as Sales Order (SO). This communication between the two systems can be done by EDI and XI as the mediator. However both the systems are connected with the fire walls. This is especially useful to make the communication faster between the two systems, and is adapted in the case of small and medium suppliers, for whom it is not viable to have a ERP system.

Where as the PDP with plant maintanance you can transmit the requirements from backend (R/3) system to the EBP system,you can carryout the sourcing and PO will be created in the respective system (depending upon the deployment scenario in place). In this case also you can give the access to the supplier to create Advanced shipping notification (ASN) or confirmation with referance to the PO created for him.

Regards

Jagadheesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody.

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa and Jagadheesh,

My question about this distinction is because I am working in the implemantation of SRM 5.0 and my client needs the following scenario:

1) R/3 creates requirements (materials/services) - MRP - PM

2) Those requrements are transfered to SRM (My client wants all the purchasing processes in SRM)

3) PO are created and replcated in R/3 (Extended classic scenario) and also transfer to SUS which is in a diferente server.

4) In SUS the vendors create the ASN and confirmations.

Do you thing for this scenario use PDP whit Plant Maintenance?

Thanks,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

Looks like, Your client requires Supplier enablement for both the Materials & services .Instead of getting bothered about the distinction between the variants in PDP Scenario, I suggest the following:

MM-SUS

For all Stock Materials,PR/PO can be created in the R3 system itself and sent to the SUS server thus enabling the vendor to post ASN ,Invoice etc.,

EBP-SUS

Transfer the requirements generated in the R3 system to the EBP and process PO with Bid option or otherwise andcreate Po in the EBP system itself and output it to the SUS to enable the supplier to Create confirmations & submit invoices.This scenario would do well for the Services.

Please try to suggest the above options or both as per the correct requirements of the client.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan