cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing item category in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some of the materials in the sales order, the item category is grayed out and I cannot change it.

I can access the drop down menu and see the various item categories assigned to the item category group.

How can I change the item category for these materials in the sales order?

Sincerely,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ketan

Go to VOV4, select the combination of your sale order type and Item Category Group say NORM. There maintain the item category what you want to maintain manually under the tab "MItCa". Now go to sale order and try to change - you can change.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. I have already assigned Manual item category in VOV4 but still

cannot change the item category in the sales order. THe item category in the sales order

defaults to the Default category assigned in VOV4.

I have noticed that I cannot change the item category only for configurable materials (KMAT).

Is this the issue and how can I get over it?

Sincerely,

Ketan

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ketan

If it is getting graded out once we create sales order for KMAT material then i think we need to integrate with ABAP'ers for changes

Regards

Srinath

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ketan

Go to VOV4 and in manual item category field assign your required item category .Now create the sales order and go to that item category field and change it manually. system will accept it and proceed further

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

Ketan

As u r saying that you can take drop down of the assign item catagory there then only one possibility is left that u have deliver some of the qty from the order. So system is not allowing u to change item catagory.

Please check have u made any delivery from that sales order.

if yes then u can not change item catagory.

Hope this will help you.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ketan,

Check in the item category determination whther the manual item category has been maintianed for the item categories. If it is not maintined you will not be able to change the item categories in the document even it is not grayed out also.

Prase