cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Fighter: FF Roles v/s FF IDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When we are going for fresh FF implementation which approach is better assigning roles or going for FF IDs.

Also what are the best practices?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing so that I can post new ones

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Development and Quality it does not matter if you are going by FF ids or roles. However if it is Produciton, each user id (FF id) costs you license!

I rather go by roles in productions system. Thats is what I have implemented in our organization.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Faisal. that's what i can say.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know this thread is a bit dated but I wanted to add my comments on the FF IDS as far as licensing

I recently completed the LAW report for SAP to report on our contracted licenses and have classified my FF ids as "TEST"; this follows what I received from SAP license group - "all non-dialog users can be classified as test"; the FFids are Service Type users

Not sure if this goes against your contracted licenses or not but since we have three categories of license contracts (Test is not one of them but is an available option) I would think that they do not count against the license

Correct me if I am mislead on this

Thanks

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson, Inc.

630-758-2021

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of 5.2 If you are using CUA, only option is to go with FF IDs.

I would say it depends on your business requirement and size of the shop whether to go for FF Ids or roles.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How come its not possible to use role based FF with CUA? We are testing it now at my current client and it seems to work ok so far. It's just a bit more work because the role assignments are made in FF and not CUA.