cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive ZTABLES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

As for my business requiremnt i am creating few ZTABLES, these ZTABLES are big and they want to remove the data from these ZTABLES and archive the data periodically.

Can some one propose a way to approach on this?

Thank you

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

In addition to Aj's response, you can use the SAP supplied archive object EXAMPLE as a guide to create a custom archive object. You will need to create the custom archive object in AOBJ as well as create the custom archive write program, and delete program. If they will need to view this archived data, you will also need to create a custom archive information structure within SARI.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

That was nice, I have got one question,

If i archived Data from ZTABLES, Can i call this archived data later or not as part of a sales order or quotation?

When i archive data where am i storing this data, Is it a seperate Box?

Thank you

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Once data has been archived, you can view it, but would not be able to change it or use the data as in "create with reference", or re-print it, etc. If you are going to "store" the archived data (which is definitely recommended), you would need either a 3rd party storage solution, or use SAP's Content Server.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this can be done. You need to Create a Custom Archiving Object in Transaction AOBJ and do the required Customization for this object.

Please check with Basis Team/Technical Team for Further details on the same.

Regards,

Aj