cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erros while staffing with WFD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use WFD for resource staffing but I always get the following error messages:

Error icon - Error in cProjects; Maximum allowed required capac ity was exceeded

Warning icon - cProject warning; Time was converted from 5,00 MIN to 0,01 FTE - rounding errors are possible

Warning icon - Required/Planned capacity of Demand Developer does not match

In the above case I was staffing a person for 5 minutes (to be sure that I wasn't overstaffing), while the required capacity of the Demand in WFD shows me 4 FTE's (consulting days of 8 hours each day). I tried that with two persons, one that has 10:29 hours of availability and one that has 0:00 hours of availability, and in both cases I get the same messages.

In cProjects I had set the "Required Capacity" of role Developer to "4,0 Con.Day" (which was reflected to WFD). And I assigned the role a task with 3 FTE's of work, so the "Total Work" of that role shows me "3,0 Con.Day".

Does anyone know what's wrong? Required capacity of the demand is 4 FTE, and I was trying to staff someone for 5 minutes, which was converted to 0,01 FTE and is way smaller than 4 FTE. So I didn't understand why I got the first error message in this case. And looking at the third error message, what does it mean?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Konstantin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Check SAP Note 866776:

<h6>The time units that can be transferred from RPA to cProjects must be defined as allowed time units in cProjects. You must specify at least those time units in cProjects that are marked as primary units of measurement for the ISO code.

Checking primary units of measurement and ISO code:

Transaction cuni:

On the detail screen under ALE/EDI, check the primary source code selection for each time unit.

Allowed time units in cProjects:

Customizing:

Collaboration Projects > Basic Settings > Define Time Units</h6>

We have such problem, when we used time unit "H - Hour". After we have set "Hr - Hours" the issue have solved.

Regards,

Konstantin Melnik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

What you see in WFM for an 8hr day is 0.333 days. This is correct and is not customiable in WFM. This is because WFM considers a day as 24 hours. This is the case because generally you can manage overtime in WFM but this may not be possible otherwise.

If you need this anyway then one of the possible solution i think is a code change.

If you need further details, do let me know.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil Billqvist,

The FTE unit works fine for me (8 hours a day). The problem is I can't use just FTE if I want to use WFM. I have to use HR also. As I noticed, WFM tries to staff people using unit HR in cProjects, and if this unit isn't allowed in cProjects you get the error message I got (see first post).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Very helpful answer! I added some time units to cProjects (D, DAY, H and HR) and it worked. I was able to staff someone using hours.

I am able to define the time units in cProjects, but can I do the same in WFM? We work with days here, where each day got some 8 hours of working time (just like the FTE unit). When I staff someone for 8 hours, in the usual "DAY" unit in WFM I get 0,333 days instead of 1 day. Is it possible to customize time units for WFM?

Regards,

Konstantin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Unfortunately, I don't know where it is possible to maintain time units for WFM

May be some of gurus of this forum can help you.

Regards,

Konstantin Melnik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is due to the definition of day you have in the system (24 hours)

I would recommend to create your own unit for that, using customizing-> SAP NetWeaver - General Settings - Check units of measurement.

Look up for time units and create one new for your use.

Don't forget to add it in cProjects as well...

Neil