cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor a web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we want to establish web services in our new landscape ( ECC 6.0 on Oracle). This technologie is absolutely new for us...

How can we monitor the web services in aspect of performance, erorrors and so on?

Can anyone tell me something about that?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

Webservice performance is traced via SICF

select the webservice

then via the menu edit ( debug/ trace/ runtime anlysis)

se30 to analyze the file.

hope this helps

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I wanted to monitor a specific web service, apart from dragging HTTP requests out of STAD which would I imagine be a nightmare.... I would turn on logging in the ICM. This can even be filtered to show only the response time for each access to your ICF service. It can also give return codes, cookies and a whole lot more..... I certainly always am turning it on in web dispatchers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Web Service has a program behind and for this reason usually it depends about how it was designed. By other hand, itu2019s important to monitor the server that will host Web Services.

In SAP landscape:

You can go to: http://<servername>:<port>/nwa -> Analysis -> Performance -> Application Profiler -> Select your Web Services -> Start Profiling

Reward Points if itu2019s helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay...

Please cann you tell me, what port i must enter (default port) or where i can look after the port?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

50000 is the default port.

Reward points if it's helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your answers. I´ll try this on Monday, when i am in the office again.