cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OutofMemory Error in Business connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing OutofMemory Error while installing a package(3MB) on Business connector 4.0.1 system on windows 2000 and I see none of the services are loaded.

I have set the maximum ram to 1024M in the server.sh and also installed latest SR7. But still the error faced.

Please help if someone know what could be the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I have faced this problem earlier. Once I had increased the server memory in server.cnf file, this got resolved.

Also note at time if your SAP server is down and the listner for same is activated in BC, in that case also your serevr loads since it is constantly trying to eastablish connection. This also results in Out Of Memory error at times.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you send the stack trace for the Out Of Memory error ?

Is your BC server under very higl load when you install the package ?

You could deactivate some large existing packages (e.g. the SAP package), then restart BC, and then install the new package.

What memory information does the BC server main page show before you install the package ? And what does the Unix process view report as mem consumption ?

btw, the transaction sweeper is a good idea, but probably does not help about your problem.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should take care that you sweep regularly the SAP-transaction-log. There is a transaction 'sweepTransaction' which can be scheduled on a regurlar basis to get rid of old transactions.

Another possible reason is that your service is consuming vast amounts of main memory, this could happen with very large objects, i.e. extremely big xml-files.

Refer this thread from an external website which has answers to your query.

http://www.wmusers.com/wmusers/messages/117/48840.shtml?1106329484

Please reward points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, package is of 12MB size.