cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive forms takes too long to load - sometimes crashes reader.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm just wondering if anyone have this problem?

I just configured ADS and created a sample WD program to display an interactive form, the form is not complex, only 2 text fields and an image.

But when I deploy or run the program, the interactive form container hangs and take very long to process before displaying.

After I save the PDF file to a local drive, when I try to open it, it will take very long and sometimes crash my system.

Even when I click on "PDF Preview" to view the form in NWDS it take very long too.

At first I thought it could be due to my system and I open downloaded PDF file on other PCs, but the problem occurs too in those PCs.

Using Acrobat Reader 8.1.2, then downgraded to 8.1.1, still no avail.

Everytime I open the PDF or WD loads the PDF, when I check the Task Manager the process of AcroRdr32 will hog the system processes and use up the memory. I have no problems with other PDF files, only those generated by the WD application gives problems.

Someone hit the same problem? Any advise? Could it be the ACF or Adobe lifecycle issues?

Please help. Thanks for all answers.

Best Regards,

Jansen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansen,

I face d the same issue sometime back and the reason behind it was the number of values being populated in the dropdown.

Try limiting the DD values and then try, hopefully this would resolve your issue.

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arafat, I've seen your thread too while searching for answers...but unfortunately our scenario is different cos my form doesn't have dropdown lists.

Also I discovered one thing. The PDFs open without problems with Acrobat Reader 7.0. The WD application works perfectly with 7.0 too. I''ve since downgraded to 7.0 to work with my application but it's only a temporary solution.

I want to know if anyone have such issues with acrobat reader 8.1.1 and above. What could be the reason. I've updated my lifecycle to patch 9 too. I cannot find any ACF installation, anyone knows where to find them?

Thanks.

Jansen Low

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansen,

If you are using Adobe Reader 8.1.* or above and activex controls in your form, you need to install the latest version of ACF and that will resolve the issue. And do remember to uninstall your old version of Adobe Reader first and then install Reader 8.1.* freshly and after installing it proceed with ACF installation. You have to follow the sequence.

For ACF installation you may read Note 766191 - Active Component Framework Installation.

ACF Installable:

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=F9RUZ3Q7TERUBSMHSXWT3UMEM59IJYIPA931VQD32A1UNA...

Do reward points if found helpful.

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arafat,

I've tried to re-install Acrobat reader 8.1.2, restarted my PC and now the newly saved PDF works without issues. Strange.

I've also deleted my ACF and the screen prompt an installation of the new ACF. But now I'm facing a new problem which I'll describe in a separate post. I suspected that all along it could be a problem with ACF.

BTW, the ACF link you provided is expired. If you do have a newer link, please let me know.

Regards,

Answers (0)