cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different masterhead image based on the user logged in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Presently we are using standard portal theme.How can I change the image in the masterhead based on the user logged in.How can i change that and i want to assign that masteredhead to users.

Can anybody give me suggesion about this.

Thanks,

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Simple of achiving this kind of scnario is create separate themes for different users and assign the themes to the users in master rule collection through Desktop Page.Here in this case you will be creating one framework page and multiple Desktops and themes.All the desktops will be having the same framework page and different themes based on the user type or group type.

Otherway of achiving this is create an pdk application where it will have multiple jsp components in it and based on the each component create one PAR iview.Let us take if four groups of users then you will be creating four different jsps in pdk application which will inturn contains different masterhead images and related logos.After creating the iview place the iview in the correcsponding framework page below the masterhead iview.Here multiple framework pages and Desktops and you can go with single theme.

In the first scenario the masteread , we are managing through the theme and in second the masterhead we are managing throgh application.

Either of the scenarios can be used to create differet masterheads for different users.

Hope the answer helps you....

Reward the points if it is helpful.

Thanks,

Rudradev Devulapalli

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Portal Branding ?

You have to create theme for user and assign

If I am not wrong plesae check [Portal Branding for specific user|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4161] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; & [Thread: Portal Branding |/thread/746224 [original link is broken];

Hello Juan ,

I don't think is possible to assign a theme to an specific user... -> You can assign a theme to an specific user .

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think is possible to assign a theme to an specific user... branding is meant to be used system wise and not user wise.

Regards

Juan