cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't activate SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have developed a smartform. In my m/c, except smartform all other programs are running fine.

When I activated the form it took more than 10 minutes.

Finaly it went to short dump.

This SF contains one main window with one text element.

Can u pls give me a possible solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the logic( coding ) is big in the smartform, please do the same in print program and pass to the Smartform.

You can reduce the activation time.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur valuable contributions.

I spoke to the BASIS people. Any way, today it is working fine. yesterday masterdata was uploading to server. that may be the reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

also plz check once again for variables declaration,dimensionas of the windows, tables matching with the layout or not.

pradeep

christine_evans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does the short dump say - anything to indicate what the problem is? What version of SAP are you on? Pre 4.7 SmartForms are available but I don't think they work. Are there any other working SmartForms in your system that can be generated successfully; if so, you've done something wrong and I'd scrap your SmartForm and try again.

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

If your SF is so small it's very strange for that to happen.

However try this. I'm not sure if it will work but give it a try. To keep your work, in SMARTFORMS initial screen make utilities->download form and save it in PC. Then delete your SF. After that, import the xml to create a new one. Give it a try!!

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christy,

Mayb you should get in touch with ur BASIS consultant and tell him this problem. Reinstalling would be an option. Coz smartforms are not machine specific or anything like that.

Thanks

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayan

already spoke to BASIS guy. he is not able to resolve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you try installing SAP GUI again on ur M/C.. Mayb it helps. I must say, this is something very unusual i have heard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i think reinstalling is the only thing left to you. Becoz this a very strange problem.

You try one thing copy a standard smartform into ZFORM and try to activate it.

IF the results is same like before tell them to reinstall the SAP.

Regards

Sandipan