Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Checkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Am using BAPI -

> "BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2" to checkin a Document

When i use this BAPI in R/3 Backend System, the document get"s checked in without any problem.

All problem starts when i use this BAPI in External System to checkin Document , i call thsi BAPI using destination , while debugging i can see it reaches the Backend System but checkin of document is not happening.

Is there any more parameters that has to be given when this BAPI is called from external System.

My requirment is , i would call this BAPI from XI to checkin Document.

Any in inputs what parameters should i pass , i hope am passing right parameters, that"s y it get"s checkin from backend system but not from backend system

Kindly advice

srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi srini,

please note that the DMS BAPIs are not so batch friendly and if you want to check in an original from an external system I would kindly recommend you to use API modules.

Please see the SAP note 504692 which contains some sample programms for such special cases of check in/out routines. I think they will be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can u elobrate what is API modules , and where can i find those.

Please Advice

i need to use XI to checkin the Document

Srini

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

you will find the names of the API modules in the mentioned SAP note. API modules are quite similar to BAPIs but they are more useful for handling external data and import them into the R/3 system.

You can see the coding of this modules also in transaction SE37 by just enter the module name.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I see

"CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN"

Well will this work if i use this BAPI in XI to chekin the Document into DMS System ??

What parameters should i pass kindly advice , i have seen in the Note but it"s not working

kindly advice

Here SAPHTTPA should it be maintained in XI ??

plz advice

srini