cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Expert(urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created Roles in Quality Back-end R/3 system.Wat is the Procedure to Reflect all these Roles in the Front End Role Expert application.

Please Guide me . Its most important task for me.

Kindly do the needful.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thnks for ur reply , i would like to know wheather it is mandatory that all the roles in Backend quality system should reflect in front end Role Expert. I thought it is mandatory.

can u guide me wat are the activities we need to perform in Role Expert

Thanks & Regards.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is required when you want to modify existing roles in R/3.Lets say, you have already created some roles in R/3 directly and then afterthat you have installed RE. In order to work with roles through RE, you need to upload R/3 roles in RE.

Hope, I could make a valid point!

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a best way to do this, and it's mentioned in Role Expert Config User Guide "Mass Role Import"

You can ignore my previous procedure as you should follow the procedure which is mentioned in the User Guide itself.

So checkout page no 26 in RE 5.2 Config User guide for WAS 700

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the roles created in Dev RE and getting replicated to Backend R3 system. Developers are creating some ZPrograms/Custom Transactions in R3 System. I believe those ZAuth Objects should be uploaded to RE as well. Initially, before we create Roles in RE, we need to do mass upload of Auth Objects/Fields from R3 to RE (per Post Installation). So, when new zauth objects are created, should we do a mass upload one more time?

Is there a way to do a Delta upload(or any means of Synch process) here?

Thanks

Sundaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should have been page 76 not 26. Anyways, just follow the steps but make sure you create BP, Sub Process and Project Release attributes before uploading the roles.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

You are absolutely right faisal, please guide the steps,to reflect all the roles created in backend R/3 quality system to Role Expert.

Thanks & Regards

Karunakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karuna,

In Role Expert i could not find any option to directly map or upload backend roles directly but may be you can go with the following procedure.

Logon to your Quality system and execute transaction PFCG

Now click on the Views button here you can select Single or Composite roles. Now you can download these roles to a text file. To do this Hold on Ctrl key and press F11, after downloading these roles you can import these roles to RE in a regular way.

I am still not sure if this is the right approach.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karuna,

You have 2 options to complete the uploading roles into AE.

Select Configuration>Roles>Import Roles

Option 1:

1. Select system

2.Select "All Roles" to import all roles(standard and custom roles) or Select "Selected Roles" and enter custom roles(Z*) in Role Name box.

2.Click on Import button. The system gives you a status message how many roles imported after completion of upload.

You should change all roles business process, sub process for all roles to populate your roles when you are creating a request. For this,

4. Roles-->Search Role

5. Enter System

5.Click Search button

6.Select roles and then Click Export button.

7.Save file

8. Complete the template with your roles,system, business process, sub process, critical level, etc...

9.Select "From File " option and select the file and click Import button.

10. Check the status message for successful completion of roles upload.

Option 2:

1. Click on "Download Template"

2. Save file.

3. Complete the template with your roles,system, business process, sub process, critical level, etc...

4.Select the "From File " option and select the file and click on Import.

5. Check the status message for successful completing of roles upload.

I would rather go for option 2.

Thanks

Himadama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option 2 is better than option 1 but you need to make sure Business process, sub process and project are predefined in RE before loading the roles into the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Thank u for ur response,if i upload the roles into AE,will it be reflect into RE.

Thanks & Regards

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Karuna, as per my understanding, you have created some roles in your Quality system and want to upload the same roles in your Role Expert, right?

However, Himadama is showing here the procedure of uploading the roles in AE!

Can any one clear my understanding?

Regards,

Faisal